25 - 27 April, 2016
Contact Us: 65 6722 9455
Vice President and Managing Director
09:50 360° Review: The travel agenda for the next 12 months – How can you use data analytics to predict what’s coming next?
- State of the industry: What does the future APAC traveler want?
- Evaluating the different business models in the market: What old ideas need to be cast-off and what new ones must be embraced?
- The scramble to the top: How will the crowded online travel ecosystem affect your business?
- Next stop: Where are the new opportunities in consumer travel technology?
Korea is currently the third largest outbound travel market in APAC (after China and Japan). It has to continue investing in infrastructure in order to handle the growing number of travellers. Online sales and mobile sales have both risen rapidly with the favourable influence of advanced IT and wide penetration of smartphones.
- What are the top challenges and opportunities in the Korean online travel market and how can you adapt your e-commerce strategy to them?
- The ‘me’ effect: How is the fragmentation of the Korean market into ever increasing niches affecting the digital traveler?
- The leapfrog effect: How has the rapid development of technology and infrastructure changed traveler behavior?
- The red tape effect: How has the breakdown of barriers for outbound travel impacted the online travel market in Korea?
- The inbound traveler: How can you encourage and keep growing the demand for travel within Korea?
15:20 Fireside chat: Time for a reboot? Evaluating the current status of the Japanese market and the long term opportunities for growth
Japan boasts APAC's second largest online travel market behind China and one of the world's largest travel markets overall. The country continues to feel the effects of lingering economic stagnation and has recovered slowly from the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Although Japan's travel market growth has remained sluggish, relatively stronger online bookings gains are expected that would narrow the gap between Japan and the world's most mature online travel markets.
- How far has the travel and tourism industry recovered and restored since the 2011 disaster?
- How has Japan narrowing the gap between other online travel markets?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in the Japanese online travel market and how can you adapt your e-commerce strategy to them?
- The leapfrog effect: How has the rapid development of technology and infrastructure changed traveller behaviour?
- 2020 Olympics: What impact will this have on the wider tourism market?