25 - 27 April, 2016
Contact Us: 65 6722 9455
15:20 Fireside chat: Time for a reboot? Evaluating the current status of the Japanese market and the long term opportunities for growth
Japan boasts APAC's second largest online travel market behind China and one of the world's largest travel markets overall. The country continues to feel the effects of lingering economic stagnation and has recovered slowly from the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Although Japan's travel market growth has remained sluggish, relatively stronger online bookings gains are expected that would narrow the gap between Japan and the world's most mature online travel markets.
- How far has the travel and tourism industry recovered and restored since the 2011 disaster?
- How has Japan narrowing the gap between other online travel markets?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in the Japanese online travel market and how can you adapt your e-commerce strategy to them?
- The leapfrog effect: How has the rapid development of technology and infrastructure changed traveller behaviour?
- 2020 Olympics: What impact will this have on the wider tourism market?